Mouthguards have been recommended by the American Dental Association for players of: basketball, boxing, hockey, football, gymnastics, lacrosse, martial arts, racquetball, rugby, track and field, skateboarding, skiing and snowboarding, skydiving, soccer, surfing, volleyball, water polo, weightlifting and wrestling.
Noble Pediatric Dental offers custom mouthguards for sports and for night wear for those children who grind their teeth. We can also advise on over-the-counter mouthguards for sports. It’s important to have your child wear a mouthguard that fits well, is tear resistant, and easy to keep clean.
Keep your mouthguard clean and working correctly
- Store the mouthguard in a protective case.
- Gently scrub the mouthguard after each use with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Do not leave a mouthguard in the sun or in hot water, as it may melt or become deformed.
- Your child’s mouthguard should be replaced at the beginning of each new season, or when you notice it has become worn and doesn’t fit quite right.
- If your child has braces, a custom mouthguard can be made to protect teeth, soft tissue like cheeks, and your braces too.
- Do not allow your child to chew on or cut pieces off of the mouthguard.
- Please bring your mouthguard to each dental checkup.